Vaping is a yet another modern take to traditional way of smoking. They canter around alternatives to a conventional cigarette. Cigarette works by burning tobacco leaves and the resultant smoke contains nicotine which is inhaled by the smoker. It contains more than 4000 chemicals including tar and other substances at threatening levels. But in contract e-cigarettes or vaping products don’t contain tobacco leaves and there is no nicotine as well so the threat to health is substantially reduced. This site and article can help you figure out some tools to deal with it.
Before, you go on to answer your kid’s question, it’s essential to know what vaping is all about. Vaping refers to the act of inhaling and exhaling the vapor produced by an electronic cigarette (e-cigarette) or similar devices. E-cigarettes are battery-powered devices that heat a liquid (often called e-liquid or vape juice) containing nicotine, flavorings, and other chemicals to create an aerosol, which is then inhaled by the user. In addition to traditional vaping devices, certain disposable devices, like the ones you find on DIY e-Liquids (or similar sites), come pre-filled with e-liquid and are ready to use right out of the box, making them convenient for both beginners and experienced vapers.
Now as vaping has been established as less harmful than the real thing, parents are still going to consider it is a risky behaviour among their children, because as much as it less threatening to their health, it still encourages the act of smoking or indulging it for recreation or escape from stress. Any deviation from normal behaviour is of course a concern for any parent.
So as a parent, if your child puts a friendly question of vaping in front of you, what should you do? As a parent it is easier to put down your authority and lay down the law but trust me, this is probably not the best way to go. As time passes children develop their own personality, their intellect and thought, their identity begins to take shape in adolescent and teen stage and they are not the small little toddlers hanging onto your every word. They want to be considered as a thinking individual with choices of their own. You get to explain more about the benefits of vaping by visiting some vape stores and get to know their vapes like the DAVINCI MIQRO.
So, what should you do? Well here are a couple of pointers:
- Don’t shut them down: many parents tend to get instantly angry for even thinking of such a thing. When you do, it makes them question what is even so bad that is so unspeakable. So true to their curiosity, they try to find it on their own leading them to indulge in it as well.
- Have a proper conversation: try to explain everything and answer all their queries as best as possible. So that they have the right information from the right source, as a result their trust in you has increased.
- Treat them like an adult: it’s best that you make your tone and line of answering and conversation to be as neutral, friendly and respectful as possible. Children respond well if you respect them despite them knowing that you are an adult, as it should be done in any situation such as this.
- Be respectful but stern: it is possible to guide your children in such a way that you can fulfil both roles of a friend and as a parent as well. You can say that you disapprove of this habit while also respecting them as an individual capable of making their own choices.
- Don’t bombard them with facts: a conversation with your child about their choices is not going to be governed by facts it’s going to be led by your understanding, patience and respect. Mounting facts on their heads will make them irritated and unsatisfied by your line of answering, which will again make them research it out on their own.
- Obtain their perspective: even if your child hasn’t asked a friendly question and is considering vaping, then ask them why, what drove them to want this? Is it for stress? Anxiety? Peer pressure? Or for recreational purposes? Asking why gently and firmly will lead to better communication between both of you with high chances of good outcome as well.